Sunday, June 8, 2008

Internet's Next Big Thing

Last week Associated Content put out what it called "the ultimate call for content" to celebrate Internet Week New York. They wanted articles related to the Internet and what will be the one really big thing on the Internet during the coming year.

My contribution is The Internet is a Place for Education ( two sentences are left off of the introduction. It should read, "Education is flourishing on the Internet, claiming its rightful place along side news, commerce, social networking, and recreation. So, what’s next?")

I decided to participate because I believe that the very best use of the Internet is for education. Since more and more learning resources are being made available online, I think that education is going to be the next big thing on the Internet. Of course the piece of that next big thing that most interests me in independent learning. It is truly and exciting time to be a lifelong learner.

No comments: