Sunday, December 21, 2008

101 Cookbooks Blog

Learning about food may be a new topic for The Everyday Scholar, but I think it's going to be a regular, maybe once a month.

Here's the second post on learning about cooking, food and recipes. One of my favorite food blogs is 101 Cookbooks. Heidi Swanson says of her quest to actually use her rows of cookbooks:

"101 Cookbooks started in early 2003 when I looked up at my huge cookbook collection one afternoon and realized that instead of exploring the different books in my collection - I was cooking the same recipes over and over. I seemed to buy a new cookbook every time I stepped out the front door - always with good intentions."

She specializes in whole foods, with a lot of vegetarian recipes and she's an expert at making even complicated dishes seem easy. You can sign up to receive her frequent recipe alerts and you don't have to worry about resulting spam or unwanted emails.

I highly recommend 101 Cookbooks to lifelong learners and wanna be chefs.

No comments: